Children from Year 5 and 6 spent an evening this week in Codex Club at Bolton Science and Technology Centre. There they experienced Scratch programming and 3D printing – they even used CorelDraw to design their own 3D keyrings!
They have been telling their classmates all about it and can’t wait to go again next week.
What an excellent opportunity!
Last week, year three were visited by Mr B, an adult who knows all about the Stone Age. Excitedly, they investigated ancient artefacts and fascinating fossils. They also dressed up in stone age costumes.
Recently, year three completed their food technology which was based on the Stone Age. Excitedly, they made stone age bread and parsnip soup however it was disgusting.
- Only use your first name when commenting – no surnames.
- Keep safe – don’t reveal any personal information.
- Don’t use slang and no ‘text talk’ – write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
- Always show respect – be positive if you are going comment and always remember that the blog is an extension of your school that the rest of the world is able to see.
- Never pretend to be someone else on the blog.
- Don’t post photos or links to other websites unless you have permission from your teacher.
- Remember – all posts and comments are checked by school staff before they are approved.
Our Digital Leaders met this morning for an E-Safety Champions meeting. They discussed what they have been doing so far to help their classes with online safety and shared ideas about online gaming and YouTube privacy settings. Finally, they helped to prepare an E-Safety questionnaire for each class to complete this week.
This afternoon, Digital Leaders from Year 6 visited Year 5 Green to present their questionnaire and talk a little about their role in school.
Keep up the hard work!
A number of our Digital Leaders travelled to Bolton SICT today to be trained as E-Safety Champions! They explored all the difficulties children may face online, including online bullying and over-sharing personal information.
Now they are ready to take on their new role as E-Safety role models in school. They can’t wait to share their learning with everyone.
Welcome to our Digital Leader’s Blog. In this blog we – the digital leaders will be sharing school news, debates, we will listen to what our peers what us to blog about and we will lead the blog posts in this area.
We are going to use blogging as a tool to improve our English skills. We know we will have to try our very best with our writing as our audience is the potentially the whole of the world wide web.
We would really appreciate you leaving comments as to what you would like us to blog about .
The Digital Leaders Team